Chayote & Blistered Tomato Salad
An easy low-calorie option for lunch and dinner.
- Servings 4
For the salad:
- 2 Chayotes
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, seeded & minced
- 4-5 Radishes, sliced
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Garlic clove, sliced very thin
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- ⅓ cup Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Sprig of cilantro
For the dressing:
- Fresh juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. raw Honey
- 4 oz. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel and slice the chayote. Be sure to remove the core. Add to medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except the tomatoes.
- In a pan, sautée the tomatoes on high heat until blistered and add to bowl.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a separate bowl.
- Add dressing to chayote mix as needed. Fold gently.
Chayotes are low in sodium and are a great source of vitamin C.