Eggs, tortilla chips and salsa, a glorious combination for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Servings 6
- 25 mins.
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded
- ½- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Place tomatoes and jalapeños in a blender. Add broth, salt, and garlic. Cover and process on high speed for 1 minute or until smooth; set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, swirl to coat. Crack and scramble the eggs.
- Add tomato mixture to pan. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue to simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chips to pan, and stir to coat with tomato/egg mixture.
- Arrange avocado slices over eggs.
- Top with dollops of sour cream, chopped red onion and a sprinkle of cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Add the chilaquiles to a warm french roll and turn them into a famous Mexican “Torta de Chilaquil”.