Make these delightful and incredibly easy vegan chocolate discs with different toppings, a perfect gift for friends and family. A recipe from our guest chef Shelly Gilad from Shelly’s Humble Kitchen.
- Servings 8-10
- 30 mins.
- 9 oz. Dark Chocolate (72% cocoa)
- Coarse salt
- Coconut flakes
- Pomegranate seeds
- Toasted almonds
- Line two baking sheet with parchment paper. Break the chocolate into pieces and put it in a heatproof bowl or in a saucepan that fits in a bigger saucepan.
- Fill the bigger sauce pan with some water and bring to boil (double boiler). Lower the heat to medium-low and place the bowl with the chocolate over the steaming water. Cook until the chocolate is completely melted – about 5–10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Use a tablespoon to dollop the melted chocolate onto the baking sheets, leaving at least 1” gap between each tablespoon. If the chocolate doesn’t flatten out on its own, tap the baking sheets onto the counter once or twice.
- Sprinkle or drizzle with your favorite toppings.
- Transfer the baking sheets into the fridge or freezer to harden – it takes about 20 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
You can also make them with rose petals, chili flakes, toasted crushed hazelnuts, agave, nuts, dried fruits, spices, dried herbs such as thyme, salts, caramel, coffee beans, etc.