Costa Rican Banana Bread Chocolate Pudding
Upgrade your banana bread game with this easy way to make a chocolate bread pudding for the holidays.
- Servings 6
- 50 mins.
- Costa Rican Banana Bread
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp. sliced Almonds
- In a small saucepan, heat milk until it bubbles. Turn the heat down to low and add chocolate chips. Keep whisking until chocolate is fully melted. Remove from the heat and let it cool to warm.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs & sugar until creamy and light (about 3 minutes). Add chocolate mixture slowly and mix. Add to the cubes of banana bread and let it soak for about 30 minutes.
- Crank oven temperature up to 350°F. Butter a casserole dish and add bread mixture. Cover with foil.
- Place the dish in a much larger baking pan. Fill the bottom pan with water until the water level has reached about half-way up the outside of the casserole dish. Bake for 15 minutes and then uncover and bake for another 20 until the pudding is firm.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice, garnish with almonds & ice cream and enjoy!
Use our recipe for Costa Rican Banana Bread clicking on it on the ingredients list.