Fig Hazelnut Salad
This bright salad is a perfect transition from the summer to fall.
- Servings 1-2
- 20 mins.
- 5-10 leaves of Romaine Lettuce, chopped roughly
- 1 small Butter Lettuce, tear the leaves to big chunks
- 20 Mint leaves
- 8-10 Figs, quartered
- Handful Toasted Hazelnut (skin removed), chopped
- Edible flowers for decoration, optional
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp. Salt
- Put all the lettuce leaves in a large bowl, add the mint, figs and hazelnuts over.
- Make the dressing – put all the ingredients in a small bowl and bit until the liquid is thick.
- Toss the salad and serve. Sprinkle the flowers over.
If you don’t want your salad to get mushy, pour the dressing into the salad a few minutes before you ready to sit down to eat.