Hola Banana Granola
Try this fun and easy vegan granola recipe, from our guest chef Shelly Gilad from Shelly’s Humble Kitchen.
- Servings 4-6
- 45 mins.
- 2 very ripe Bananas, peeled and broken into smaller pieces
- 3 tbsp. Coconut Oil, melted
- ½ cup Agave Syrup
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Sunflower seeds or Pepitas
- ½ cup raw Almonds, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup unsweetend Coconut Flakes
- 2 tsp. ground Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven 400°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the bananas in a food processor or blender. Add the coconut oil and agave and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, sunflower seeds, almonds, coconut flakes, cinnamon and and salt. Use a spatula to mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry mixture and combine well (make sure the dry ingredients are well-coated). Turn out and spread the granola in an even layer on the baking tray.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, check at around 10 minutes and turn the granola over with a wooden spoon.
- Repeat until the granola is golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before putting in a container.
Serve with yogurt or milk.