Quince Cookies (aka “Pepitas”)
This one is amongst the most unique cookie recipes. These delightful quince cookies are popular through all of Argentina, as an ideal companion to the traditional bitter drink, mate. They are also called thumbprint quince cookies.
- Servings 15
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 cup Flour
- 6 tbsp. Cornstarch
- Water, as needed
- Quince Jam or quince paste
- Mix the sugar, soft butter and eggs. Add the flour and cornstarch. Knead and set aside.
- Form thick strings, cut small slices and squash with the finger, so that then a small hole is made to put a teaspoon of quince jam, previously melted in a pot with a bit of water.
- Put in floured and buttered baking sheets in medium heat oven for 15-20 minutes.
For the best Thumbprint Quince Cookies…
Serve with a hot cup of Argentinian Mate.
More recipes with Quince Paste? We got you…
You can try another typical recipe, the popular Pasta Frola which is a typical pie that’s consumes in Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay.