Spicy Eggs Shakshuka
Make this delicious and easy egg skillet that combines the Mediterranean shakshuka and Mexican huevos rancheros. Another amazing recipe from our guest Chef Shelly Gilad from Shelly’s Humble Kitchen.
- Servings 2
- 30 mins.
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 1 tsp. sweet Paprika
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- 1 Green Pepper, diced
- 4-5 ripe Tomatoes, roughly diced
- 1 red Chili Pepper, sliced
- 1 inch Ginger
- Handful of Parsley, roughly chopped (save some for garnish)
- 2 free-range Eggs
- Ground Chipotle Chili
- Olive Oil
- Pour some olive oil into a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 3 – 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the spices, green pepper, tomatoes and chili pepper.
- Grate the ginger straight into the pan and sprinkle salt, and stir. Add the parsley and stir again. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 -20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Increase the heat to medium, drizzle some olive oil over the tomato sauce then gently crack the eggs into the pan.
- Cook with the lid on for 1-2 minutes. Remove and continue to cook until only the egg whites are cooked completely. (Lower the heat if necessary)
- Sprinkle salt and ground chipotle, garnish with parsley and serve.
Add some avocado toast on the side for a hearty breakfast or lunch.