Sweet Roasted Grape Tostada
Give some flair to the traditional eating of the grapes at midnight in New Year’s eve with this exquisite tostada.
- Servings 4
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- ½-1 lb. seedless Grapes
- ½ cup Walnuts
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 wedge Brie Cheese
- 4 small Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups Canola Oil
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Be careful not to let it burn.
- Add grapes and stir. Add walnuts and sugar. Let simmer for about 10 minutes, or until syrup starts to form. Using a slotted spoon, remove the grapes and walnuts from the skillet and reserve in a bowl. Return the skillet to a medium-low heat and reduce remaining liquid to a thick syrup consistency.
- In a separate pan, heat oil and fry the tortillas until just crispy. Remove from oil with a slotted spoon or tongs and let rest on a flat plate lined with paper towels to absorb the oil.
- To assemble, apply a generous amount of brie cheese to the top of a tostada or fried tortilla. Add 2 spoonfuls of roasted grapes & walnuts.
- Top with the reduced grape syrup.
Enjoy with champagne!