Looking for a healthy vegetarian recipe? Prepare a delicious vegetarian version of the famed Argentinian stew to chase the cold nights away with this easy recipe.
- Servings 4
- 1 Onion
- 2 Leeks
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 green Bell Pepper
- 1 red Bell Pepper
- 1 cup of cooked Beans
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 2 Yams
- 2 Corns on the cob
- 1 jar of Tomato sauce
- 1 bunch Green Onion
- 1 tbsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the vegetables.
- Sauté the onion, the leeks, the green and red pepper, add the tomato sauce and cook for a few minutes.
- Cut squash and yams in cubes. Add the yams and the squash to the stew.
- When the vegetables are tender, add the corn kernels and season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add cooked beans.
- Let it boil and stir now and then. Add water if necessary.
- To make the hot sauce, quickly sauté the sliced green onion in olive oil.
- Add paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Finish stew with hot sauce.
Pro Tips for to make the best locro
Add carrots and potatoes to make it a heartier stew.